RE: [Bulk] UK_Selfbuild Audio round the house options?

If you value ease of use and a stable/mature platform then Sonos still
takes
some beating although their zone amps for use with outboard speakers seem a
little pricey compared with their Play all-in-one range. The Denon Heos
system looks promising although their app is not as polished, and you still
have the issue of whether they stay in this part of the market for the long
term. Their development roadmap shows a multi-zone rack-mount unit is
promised some time this year. At the other end of the spectrum there is the
option to build players from RPi's and low cost power amps, controlled via
DLNA.

I've stuck with Sonos myself - with a number of zones fed from Connect:Amps
to in-ceiling speakers, and some areas fed from Play speakers where I
wanted
to keep costs lower. The whole family has no problem using the system -
even
my retired parents find it easy to use when they visit, and have bought
themselves a Play:1 too for use at home after using Sonos here.

Neil B.