IR for iPhone / iPad

Hi All,

We've used a Logitech Harmony with the remote wireless function to
talk to the AV gear in node 0 for several years. The other month while
it was on charge the battery got rather hot, luckily we smelt /
spotted this and threw it in the garden to cool down, I then prised
the rather bulging battery out and decided not to take my family's
chances with another from Logitech. Plus it was rather difficult to
program and I couldn't ever work out how to get it to program up a
reverse button for the hummy DVR! The default never worked!

I have a 4x4 hdmi matrix. Yamaha amp for the living room, Bunch of 4
panasonic TV's fed from the matrix. With blu ray source, 2 off humax
and a Dune HD media player feeding the matrix.

I've been looking at the Global Cache iTach Infrared unit to drive kit
using individual IR senders, Thinking of POE units as I can just feed
it power over the network and hide 4 of them one behind the TV's. With
a central one or two feeding the kit in node 0. The humax units use
the same IR signals so would need to use two IR senders and shield
them from each other.

I'm looking at iRule or SimpleControl. We'd I'd guess need seperate
screens in the app for each room, so that the TV side is kept to one
screen. As we'd either use iPhone or the iPad depending on what's to
hand.

Integration with Sonos would be great (good WAF) and selection of
media for the Dune would be even better as the sonos app is pretty
decent already and SWMBO is already good at navigating the sonos app.

I have Idratek controlling the rest of the house, but I've got no
plans to integrate it other than putting in a IP or IR call to set
lights in the living room, (I guess you'd should never say never!)

Anyone looked at or even better using these app's?

Thanks very much for looking at this anyhow.

Merry Christmas and happy new techie year!

Richard

Posted by: Richard Challis <richard@xxxxxxx>

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums