Re: Smartthings?

Had a couple of minutes at lunchtime to check this...

In switching a Hue light off from the iOS app the change was not
updated in the SmartThings app for about 2 minutes.  So status is
probably polled.   I didn't actually check it as a trigger. Also, as
expected my Hue bulbs are not shown as local devices for hub control.
I'm not totally sure what path the linkage to Hue is taking.  It may be
possible to directly connect and control a Hue bulb from the ST Hub
bypassing the Hue hub / cloud although that would remove all the added
features (scenes etc) that the hub offers.  Osram lightify bulbs seem to
connect that way.

So looks similar to the Fibaro implementation and maybe not too
promising in terms of what you're wanting to do Paul.

On 07/12/2015 18:22, Paul Gale groups2@xxxxxxx [ukha_d] wrote:
> Thanks Kevin,
>
> No worries :)
>
> I've ordered a kit with extra plug for tomorrow - also playing with
that Linux software but had a few errors - so many or many not continue
with that too.

> Do either of you have the presence sensor - any good?
>

> Paul.

and can then switch your Xmas lights - because you may be using a HomeKit
> based trigger e.g. Siri.  But I'm out tonight / tomorrow.   Not sure
if
> Phil might be able to confirm quicker ? I guess if a Hue change
instigated from the Philips App can works this way then it's much the same.
 The example Phil gave originates from a motion sensor which would be
different to how you wished to use it.

Posted by: Kevin Hawkins <yahoogroupskh@xxxxxxx>

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums