Dune and Zappiti with blu ray iso's

Hi,

I've done some searches back in ukha_d archives

Seen some positive things about Dune players

I've used DVDfab to rip my collection of Blurays. To a mixture of
"folder style" and ISO's

I'm now looking at the best way of getting this to the 1080p TV with
maximum SWMBO WAF.

I've loaded the media server from Zappiti, this looks quite smooth.
But I guess I'm going to have to compromise a bit - I rip everything
and don't compress, all the extras etc. I have a lot of storage and
will need it. But at least if I can get the primary movie to show and
I have to kludge to get at the extra discs (ie Avatar, discs 2 and 3)
Perhaps getting the Dune to head to the directory itself?

I use a Synology DS1813+ NAS.(currently with 3 4Tb discs)

Also with a small collection of manga animations, subtitle support is
important.

I'm divided between the Dune 303 and Dune HD base 3D. I don't have a
3D TV, it's a 1080p 50" panny plasma. But would be nice not to lock
out this option if I can help it.

http://store.zappiti.com/en/media-players/3156-dune-hd-base-3d-zappiti-premium.html
http://store.zappiti.com/en/media-players/3153-dune-hd-tv-303d-zappiti-premium.html

I've given XBMC about 3 months back, a go but found it hard to get on
with. Plus with any player I need SPDIF optical or coax output to go
to my old Yamaha A1 amplifier. Rolling a suitable PC together is going
to be a pain - looked in depth at a Gigabyte Brix Ultra Compact
Barebone PC etc

I've not seen much about Zappiti, anyone else use this? I guess as
these are Dune players, I can get rid of the Zappiti skin/menu and use
them as a normal Dune?

Will do some further reading up!

SWMBO regards discs as a dust magnet, so I have a lot of support for
getting rid of needing shelves of discs! Plus it works to the
minimalist look in the living room. I've moved the Amp, Hummy and DHMI
matrix out of the living room. Now sat nicely in Node 0 in a 19" rack.

Thanks for reading this.

Richard

Posted by: Richard Challis <richard@xxxxxxx>

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums