Re: Visonic Powermax Complete/Pro and Powerlink2?

Hello,

> Has anybody used one of these with a Powermax Complete/Pro alarm?

I have two pro systems; one installed, one a work in progress.

> What can the PowerLink2 module do for you?

Managed by you or a supervision company ?

It allows you to arm, disarm and check status over the internet. With
vision cameras you can view them.

There is some information about 'integrating' it into other systems - http://blog.hekkers.net/2011/02/21/controlling-the-visonic-powerlink2/comment-page-1/
. I need to look into that when I have time.

> And an extra question what is the real difference between the Pro and
the Complete?

I think the Pro needs to be professional installed (or bought from slightly
grey sources like I did).

Not sure on the differences, visionic web site implies the complete
requires additional modules to deliver the same communications as the pro.

By the way, have you also considered the newer powermaster ?

Hope that helps,

Alan

On Fri, 15 Aug 2014 11:34:11 +0100, "Nigel Champion
nigel_champion@xxxxxxx [ukha_d]" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Has anybody used one of these with a Powermax Complete/Pro alarm?
> I am think of getting a new alarm to replace the VP1000
>
> What can the PowerLink2 module do for you?
> And an extra question what is the real difference between the Pro and
the
> Complete?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nigel