Re: eQ-3 MAX! Affordable Wireless Heating Control with your Smartphone or Raspberry Pi

--bcaec53965c87cf64504e68289da

Simon,

I think the time to react is caused by the fact that you can't have a
battery device keeping its radio active all the time.

One to add to the cat 5 flood wiring list.

Stuart
On 16 Sep 2013 16:23, "Simon McCaughey" <simonmcc@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

> **
>

> Interesting timing, I just spent the weekend reading about FS20
controls,
> considering how to retrofit zoning to my 24 radiators (currently in 2
> zones).
>
> I still don't think any of these solutions really do what I want, as
they
> can take several minutes to react to a command, whereas I really want
> almost instant reaction (so for example I can set the kids rooms on,
and
> turn the boiler on, and 10 minutes later the rooms are warm)
>
> Thanks for posting, we'll keep an eye for technology updates :)
>
> Regards
>
> Simon
> ---
>

> On 16 September 2013 13:05, Joseph Heenan <joseph-l@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

>> On 16/09/2013 08:22, Mark McCall wrote:
>> > http://autoho.me/16bNA8P
>> >
>> Price wise this does sound really good.
>>
>> The main flaws seem to be:
>>
>> 1. The german timezone/language of the apps?!
>>
>> 2. Lack of boiler control
>>
>> 3. Non-public API (presumably some kind of API does exist for the
>> extravegetables guys to have integrated it with control4).
>>

>> I'm very tempted...
>>
>> Joseph

>=20=20

--bcaec53965c87cf64504e68289da

<head>

<!--

/* start of attachment style */
.ygrp-photo-title{
clear: both;
font-size: smaller;
height: 15px;
overflow: hidden;
text-align: center;
width: 75px;
}
div.ygrp-photo{
background-position: center;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-color: white;
border: 1px solid black;
height: 62px;
width: 62px;
}

div.photo-title=20
a,
div.photo-title a:active,
div.photo-title a:hover,
div.photo-title a:visited {
text-decoration: none;=20
}

div.attach-table div.attach-row {
clear: both;
}

div.attach-table div.attach-row div {
float: left;
/* margin: 2px;*/
}

p {
clear: both;
padding: 15px 0 3px 0;
overflow: hidden;
}

div.ygrp-file {
width: 30px;
valign: middle;
}
div.attach-table div.attach-row div div a {
text-decoration: none;
}

div.attach-table div.attach-row div div span {
font-weight: normal;
}

div.ygrp-file-title {
font-weight: bold;
}
/* end of attachment style */
-->
</head>
<head>
<!--
#ygrp-mkp {
border: 1px solid #d8d8d8;
font-family: Arial;
margin: 10px 0;
padding: 0 10px;
}

#ygrp-mkp hr {
border: 1px solid #d8d8d8;
}

#ygrp-mkp #hd {
color: #628c2a;
font-size: 85%;
font-weight: 700;
line-height: 122%;
margin: 10px 0;
}

#ygrp-mkp #ads {
margin-bottom: 10px;
}

#ygrp-mkp .ad {
padding: 0 0;
}

#ygrp-mkp .ad p {
margin: 0;
}

#ygrp-mkp .ad a {
color: #0000ff;
text-decoration: none;
}
-->
</head>

<!-- **begin egp html banner** -->

<!-- **end egp html banner** -->

fact that you can=
&#39;t have a battery device keeping its radio active all the
time.</p>
list.</p>
&quot;Simon McCaughey&quot=
; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:simonmcc@xxxxxxx";>simonmcc@xxxxxxx</a>&gt;
wrot=
e:<br type=3D"attribution"><blockquote
class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margi=
n:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">

<u></u>

=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20
the weekend read=
ing about FS20 controls, considering how to retrofit zoning to my 24
radiat=
still don&#39;t think any =
of these solutions really do what I want, as they can take several minutes
=
to react to a command, whereas I really want almost instant reaction (so
fo=
r example I can set the kids rooms on, and turn the boiler on, and 10
minut=
es later the rooms are warm)</div>

we&#39;ll keep an eye for technolog=
y updates :)</div><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br
clear=3D"all"><div>Regards=
class=3D"gmail_quot=
e">

On 16 September 2013 13:05, Joseph Heenan <span
dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"=
mailto:joseph-l@xxxxxxx";
target=3D"_blank">joseph-l@xxxxxxx</a>&g=
t;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote
class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"border-left:=
1px #ccc solid">

On 16/09/2013 08:22, Mark McCall wrote:<br>
&gt; <a href=3D"http://autoho.me/16bNA8P";
target=3D"_blank">http://autoho.m=
e/16bNA8P</a><br>
&gt;<br>
Price wise this does sound really good.<br>
The main flaws seem to be:<br>
1. The german timezone/language of the apps?!<br>
2. Lack of boiler control<br>
3. Non-public API (presumably some kind of API does exist for the<br>
extravegetables guys to have integrated it with control4).<br>
I&#39;m very tempted...<br>
Joseph<br>