From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Nick Shore4
Sent: 03 September 2013 09:22
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] WiFi + External Antennae

Hi Dean

There are 2 ways to go really.

1) use an external device for the backhaul, connected to an AP internally.

I'm guessing the campsite is running normal 2.4GHz wifi so take a look at:
http://linitx.com/product/ubiquiti-nanostation-loco-m2-airmax-mimo/13255

Then run a cat5 inside to any AP which you have to hand.

OR

2) build a dual radio system using a MikroTik Routerboard.

Something like the RB433
http://linitx.com/product/mikrotik-routerboard-433-with-routeros-level-4/121
03

You then need to add a couple of radio cards:
http://linitx.com/product/mikrotik-r52nm-80211abgn-minipci-card/13181

plus you need pigtails, case and antennae

Case:
http://linitx.com/product/rb433ahuah-indoor-case/12482

Internal antenna (needs 2)
http://linitx.com/product/2458ghz-omnidirectional-swivel-antenna-with-cable-
and-mmcx-connector/12850

Pigtail
http://linitx.com/product/mmcx-to-resma-chassis-socket-18cm/12312

converter
http://linitx.com/product/resma-socket-male-to-ntype-plug-adapter/12200

N-type cable
http://linitx.com/product/n-plug-male-to-n-plug-male-1-metre-cable/11842

Antenna:
http://linitx.com/product/rf-technics-7dbi-120-degree-sector-antenna-for-24g
hz/13900

So as you can see it is possible to make a one box solution, but it
takes a lot more components and is more expensive.

Hope that helps
Nick.

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums