From: Tim Hawes
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 8:38 AM
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] standard wiring infrastructure

The great thing about standards is that there's so many of them ;-)
Each manufacturer will claim theirs is the standard that all others should
follow...

Just a quick couple of thoughts, I haven't fully digested your mail :-)

For lighting circuits I'd run from switch plate back to the relay/dimmer
location, rather than to the rose.
And you might like to think about 5A round pin sockets for controlling
table/floor lamps etc. again with switch cables from the switch plate back
to the central point.

lso, if running Cat5 to locations where mains volts will be present (e.g.
wall switch points, central relay/dimmer lcoations, etc) ensure that the
cable is suitably rated for the enclosure i.e. the cable sheath/insulation
is rated for mains voltages not just LV/data voltages. CBus pink cable is
suitable, there may be others but I haven't looked.

HTH,
Tim.