RE: Comfort Alarm / PIR Wiring

Brian

I've used these and didn't need a relay.  The Comfort II installation
manual
covers this on Page 36:

Negative Applied Detectors

Certain types of detector such as outside PIR's and photocells provide an

open-collector output as a trigger rather than a relay output. This type of

signal can be connected directly into a zone terminal providing it is a

negative signal in one state and 'floating' in the other state. If the
signal

goes negative when detecting, use a normally-open zone type such as

Type '8' (normally-open switch). This is suitable for light sensors or

external non-alarming detectors which may be used as monitors to drive

The negative signal should be applied to non-eol zone where the trigger

wire connects just to one side of the zone, provided the detector has a

12v supply derived from the panel acting as a reference.

If tamper protection is required on the zone, three wires will be required

and the zone jumper should be removed from the header. A single 2K7

resistor should be fitted in series with two of the wires at the detector.

The detector's negative trigger should then connect to the side of the

resistor and wire which returns to the zone terminal and NOT to the wire

that returns to the zone COM terminal, which is already at 0V .

'GJD XL or Opal' detectors have both -ve alarm trigger outputs and a

built-in photocell -ve output. Comfort 'default ' uses zone 13 for a light

sensor.

It's been a while since I installed but I think you need 3 wires for basic
operation 12v, 0v and -ve trigger (which you connect to the zone)

Sure I had a document relating to this.  I'll see if I can find it.

HTH

Pete