Re: NAS & PLEX All-In-One

--------------030101060105010104040803

Indeed. I don't expect my little TS410 to do any transcoding, but its to
stream my daughters content to her bedroom to her older TV with no built
in LAN/Wifi connection so the NowTV box via WiFi will be perfect for this.

Cheers

Neil
On 09/10/2013 08:27, Stuart Poulton wrote:
> One thing to be aware of most NAS appliances are CPU limited so plex
> might struggle with some things.
>
> Stuart
>
> On 09/10/13 08:21, Neil Spellings wrote:
>> Good find. Looks like PLEX packages are available for a wide range
of
>> NAS devices (including my QNAP) so I'm trying this out now!
>>
>> http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/56426-download-unofficial-plex-qnap-arm-packages-here/
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Neil
>>
>> On 05/10/2013 18:06, Stuart Poulton wrote:
>>> For those that arn't aware, with the lastest version of
FreeNAS
>>> (9.1.1) comes the ability to integrate a PLEX server on the
same
>>> appliance. Couple this to the low cost PLEX capable Roku based
box
>>> available for £10 from a well known broadcaster and it's
possible to
>>> have a Plex ecosystem on a budget.
>>>
>>> Some YouTube Vids that might be of interest
>>>
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WF0r36cxO0&feature=youtu.be
-
>>> Installing PLEX on FreeNAS
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmQBcbVLWZc
- PLEX on your N**TV Box

*Neil Spellings*
Cloud Infrastructure Architect
CTP, CCA, CCEE, CCIA, CCSP
Signature <http://neil.spellings.net/>
Email: neil@xxxxxxx <mailto:neil@xxxxxxx>
Follow neilspellings on Twitter <http://www.twitter.com/neilspellings>
Signature <http://uk.linkedin.com/in/neilspellings>
Phone: +44 (0)844 772 0844
Mobile: +44 (0)7785 935497

--------------030101060105010104040803

--------------030501040005050702010406

<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>
little TS410
to do any transcoding, but its to stream my daughters content to
her bedroom to her older TV with no built in LAN/Wifi connection
so the NowTV box via WiFi will be perfect for this.<br>
Cheers<br>
Neil<br>
On 09/10/2013 08:27, Stuart Poulton wrote:<br>
type="cite">
<pre wrap="">One thing to be aware of most NAS appliances
are CPU limited so plex
might struggle with some things.

Stuart

<pre wrap="">Good find. Looks like PLEX packages are
available for a wide range of
NAS devices (including my QNAP) so I'm trying this out now!

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/56426-download-unofficial-plex-qnap-arm-packages-here/";>http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/56426-download-unofficial-plex-qnap-arm-packages-here/</a>

Cheers

Neil

<pre wrap="">For those that arn't aware, with the lastest
version of FreeNAS
(9.1.1) comes the ability to integrate a PLEX server on the same
appliance. Couple this to the low cost PLEX capable Roku based box
available for &pound;10 from a well known broadcaster and it's possible
have a Plex ecosystem on a budget.

Some YouTube Vids that might be of interest

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WF0r36cxO0&amp;feature=youtu.be";>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WF0r36cxO0&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>
-
Installing PLEX on FreeNAS
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmQBcbVLWZc";>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmQBcbVLWZc</a>