Re: RJ45 connectors / boots

Hi all,

For posterity, in the end I went with some amp connectors:

http://uk.farnell.com/5-558530-2

with the amp boot:

http://uk.farnell.com/569875-1

My cheapy crimp tool was able to crimp these "ok", but I did
eventually
buy the proper AMP tool:

http://uk.farnell.com/te-connectivity-amp/3-231652-0/crimp-tool-high-performance-plug/dp/3073488

which does make a better/easier job.

The locking tab on the amp connector does seem pretty robust (it took
some effort to deliberately break it), but whether it's still so robust
after a couple of years remains to be seen I guess.

Joseph