What's currently the best box for streaming ripped DVD content?

Ok, so I'm sitting here looking at my jailbroken Apple TV2 contstantly
saying "Loading"... 15 minutes now and impatient kids waiting for
Star Wars,... Another 5 minutes and it's going out of this 2nd floor
window.... Like pretty much anything that isn't genuine apple, it's utter
shite...
The software is slow, buggy, and not a patch on the real thing... If I
could I'd just go to iTunes and pay for the damn movie (again) just to get
the media I want when I want it, but unfortunately, the Star Wars films
aren't on iTunes... They are all on my NAS of course, as ripped DVD's in
video_ts folders... So sick am I of the piss poor performance of jailbroken
kit, that I am now resolved to find another box that does this better...

So, the question is, what *is* the best box for streaming my own personal
content? Most of the front runners don't do it... I tried a windows PC for
a couple of years, - I'm never going down that route again... Roku doesn't
do local content... Apple TV doesn't do it without jail breaking, and doing
that to it turns it into a pile of shite...

Surely in this day and age, it cannot be beyond the wit of mankind to make
a box that is as good as a proper Apple TV, but which will play my ripped
DVD's... Is that really so much to ask?

Sent from my iPad