Re: [Off Topic] Headphone Socket

Hi Ben,

Alas, no SCART present. Video is VGA from MCE PC, audio from sound card
3.5mm socket - > twin phono input on amp. Blu-Ray is optical in to Amp
(HDMI to TV, with TV volume muted).

Amp output (speakers / headphones) is easiest "shared source".

Thanks all the same,

R.

--
Rob Iles
Harmony Automation (www.domialifestyle.com)
wrote:

> **
>

> Can you get audio out of the scart?
> Using one of these >
> http://cpc.farnell.com/pro-signal/psg01675/scart-adaptor/dp/AV15223
then a
> phono to 3.5mm cable before connecting to RF transmitter?
>
> Just a thought,
> Ben
>
> On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 12:46 PM, Kevin Hawkins <
> yahoogroupskh@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > You could probably do this by getting at the wiring attached to
the
> > headphone jack (inside the chassis) .. to attach the RF
transmitter.
> > You could then retain a mute when inserted operation using a
dummy
> > headphone jack. It's probably not a good idea to attach to
speaker
> > outputs as they will expect a much lower impedance (4 or 8 ohms)
and
> > also potentially deliver quite a bit of power which might damage
the RF
> > transmitter. I assume the transmitter is intended for headphone
(not
> > speaker) connection ?

> > On 28/05/2013 12:20, Rob Iles wrote:
> > > Hi again,
> > >
> > > I have some wireless headphones, for late night listening.
Nothing
> > special,
> > > just a RF transmitter that plugs into headphone socket on
the Amp.

> > > When the jack is connected, the amp disconnects the speakers
- which is
> > > usually desirable. However, I'd like to leave the
transmitter
> permanently
> > > connected. Can I (with some cable work) connect the
transmitter to a
> > > (spare/"2nd Zone") speaker output on the Amp, or
is there a big