cheaper honeywell alarm monitoring

  • Subject: cheaper honeywell alarm monitoring
  • From: Joseph Heenan <joseph-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 11:49:06 +0100

Hi all,

I know alarms etc up on here every so often, and I've always been
looking for something that has some level of automation/monitoring, but
doesn't require the full ADT alarm receiving centre setup or a full
cytech comfort system etc.

Recently I came across this guy:

http://www.sm-alarms.co.uk/apps/main/index.php

He seems pretty clued up on honeywell galaxy alarms - he's managed to
create his own ethernet module for the honeywell G2s which integrates
with his own internet based monitoring at £1/month, complete with
options for SMS or automated voice notifications. Also seems he's got an
Android app to control the alarm and about to launch a solution for the
G3 / Dimension based around a raspberry pi. (ADT use a lot of re-branded
honeywell panels too, so it's likely one of these solutions could be
used with an ADT install, assuming you can get hold of the engineer
codes or get someone to reset them.)

I've just ordered one of his ethernet boards to add onto our existing G2
alarm in the office, and I'll be trying his self monitoring solution
with that too - I can report back on how it goes if there's interest.

Cheers,

Joseph

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums