Re: VoIP call notification for EventGhost

Not wanting to hijack this thread but I've got asterisk currently
running on an old Compaq small form factor Desktop PC - its supporting
voicemail and 4 cisco phones using sccp as well as a LinkSys line to voip
boxand holding music, I've been thinking to move this over to a Pi I have
but was wondering how much capacity the Pi has for running Asterisk?

Back on thread a little, I've got python scrips on there that Asterisk can
call when incoming calls hit it to display a caller ID on a Slimbox so I
would imaging that if there is a program or even network packet that can be
sent to activate something in EventGhost I would imagine this is pretty
easy thing to do.

As an aside on the Pi front, I was watching a recent Hak5 Podcast that had
an interview with Eban Upton on there and it would appear that there is now
(or soon will be) a release of the boot images that has a 'recovery'
partition on it. This will enable you to select built in flavours of Linux
depending if you want Gui, command line XBMC etc. so it looks like these
things are becoming nice and easy for us none linux people with the Pi.

<jaroslaw.michalak@xxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> > **

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums