VoIP call notification for EventGhost

I have a free Windows-based SIP server for my internal phones and
gatephone. While I'm there, I wanted to use the setup for some home
automation (e.g. dialling a certain number would open/close a garage door,
which is already controlled with EventGhost).

The problem is I cannot find a (free) SIP server or client or another
method which would notify EventGhost that a call is routed to a particular
SIP number. The best I could get is FritzBox plugin, but it only registers
external calls. EG can handle other messaging input (xPL, webserver etc.),
but it does not help much either.

I know I can do it with Asterisk (or other Linux packages), but I am
reluctant to run a Linux machine just for this purpose, especially that I
am not that proficient with the system.

Any ideas?

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums