Re: Drilling Blanking Plates?

I've used a masonry drill on these hard plastic plates with good
results.  Suggest you don't use a pilot hole as the drill will chatter,
causing at best a lopsided hole and at worst shattering the plate.  Also
you need to hold the plate down very firmly and feed the drill very
gently as it starts to break through or it grabs the plate and eats it
or hurls it across the room.  Best to use a small drill press if you
have one.

Martin

Martin Howell
Woodworker, artist and engineer