LED interference?

Please see the messages below.
My interest in amateur radio prompts me to ask if  anybody on the list has
experienced interference from their LED lamps?
I'm trying my best to keep switched mode power supplies out of my house and
have totally excluded the so called electronic transformers from my
lighting
system.
I'm obviously interested in moving over to LEDs in the future but I most
certainly don't want to be introducing anything that will cause me
interference.

Thanks

Tracey

Dallas McKenzie  wrote:

>> Here in New Zealand  the Mfg of Eco Friendly light bulbs now has a
>> warning on packaging that they may cause interference to Radios
and
>> other electrical products..
>

> I posted this on another group a few days ago.
>

> Besides compact fluorescent bulbs plasma TVs and small cheap LED
> lights like GU-10 bulbs both terrible noise makers.
>
> I have 2 different brands of standard size (A19) LED bulbs in the
> house. They give off very very little RFI. Alas, I have 6 GU10 LED
> bulbs for the kitchen ceiling that wipe out every AM radio in the
> house. I really don't understand how these things get past Canadian
> CSA testing. One of the GU10 bulbs is a brand name and it's just as
> bad as the "no name" bulbs. I guess squeezing the components
into
> these small bulbs leaves no room for RFI shielding.
>
> I have an LCD TV but my neighbors both have plasma TVs. They are noise
> makers also but not as bad as the small LED lights.
>
> Ken

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums