RE: Re: Broadband speed testing...

> Nope, I'm a VM employee, but they just throttle 'heavy' use and
certain
bulk-download protocols.

I know I'm not being throttled (and haven't been for over 18 months) ...

I just don't want to be wading about in the mire that is Virgin's
"Tier 1"
support - the lovely Indian sounding lady I spoke with last week told me
that I was being traffic managed, that if I turned off my router for 20
minutes that it would all be fine again and that I'd obviously been
accessing forbidden sites! Eventually, the "Tier 2" guy that I
got through
to was actually quite helpful but it's a turgid life draining experience
actually getting there!

The lad that actually came out to me on Monday has agreed that if I can get
a decent set of logs (two or three days) of consistently poor performance
then he'll escalate it for me...

Phil

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums