RE: Broadband speed testing...

Hi,

Basically *I* am pretty sure it's a line fault (in fact I know that there's
an unacceptably low signal to noise ratio on the line due to having been
able to get access to the "VM Only" diagnostics info that their
systems pull
up at their end) but I also know that to resolve it then VM are going to
have to actually do some work (i.e. do some digging) and their everyday
techs aren't up to that as they have their allocation of calls to do and so
don't really have the time to do it properly ... that's not their fault,
just the way that they're booked up.

What I'm trying to do is just get enough info to skip a few pointless
rounds
of the daily techs and get it escalated to their proper faults people to
resolve.

At the end of the day - if they're selling me a 60 meg service (which they
are) and I can get a couple of days worth of logs showing that at 15 minute
intervals I'm getting no more than 2 - 4 meg then there's something majorly
wrong ... in fact over the last two hours the *BEST* I've had is 1.2mbits.
know that they'll claim that I can't expect to get 60 megs all the time
because of network loadings at "busy" times but they can't argue
that if I'm
only getting maybe 5% of what I'm paying for then there's something they
need to attend to. :D

Phil