Re: Remotely control relays - cheaper option

My current setup is a PC running a custom c# server (written by me)
connected RS232 to VIOM which is then wired remotely to a relay board
(looks like a school project) made by me which replaces the 3 zone heating
controller previously installed in the house. This gives me fully versatile
control over the solution.

I would love to 'productise' the solution, so it could be easily used
elsewhere. I'm not really interested in making my fortune from selling it,
but I know of a couple of people who would enjoy using it. Web/text control
of your heating is pretty handy sometimes.

My favoured solution at the minute would be raspberry PI and some sort of
hardware interface for it, preferably as off-the-shelf as possible.

Something like this would be ideal
http://piregistration.element14.com/signup.html

Other suggestions welcome :)

Regards

Simon
---
10 out of 10 people die.
Are you ready?
Find out at: http://Luke-15.org/Jesus/ <http://luke-15.org/Jesus/>
Please consider this as there is nothing more important.

On 24 February 2013 23:08, Simon Haslam <simon_haslam@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> By the way, I saw from
> http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/new-products/hack-your-heating-using-an-ip=
hone-geo-fence.htmlsomeone using a 4 relay USB connected board (about
=A322=
) - i.e. USB not
> ethernet but then you may already have a 24/7 device that could talk
to i=
t.

> I'm using a $79+del 8 channel 1-wire board from
> http://www.hobby-boards.com/store/products/8-Channel-I%7B47%7DO-%288-Rela=
y-Version%29.html.
> Any channel can be a digital input instead, and if you're using the
outpu=
> relays the inputs can be used as a manual overrides (which assume is
what
> Stuart is asking) - this is what I do for my heating. Of course you'd
nee=