Re: Remotely control relays - cheaper option

By the way, I saw from http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/new-products/hack-you=
r-heating-using-an-iphone-geo-fence.html someone using a 4 relay USB
connec=
ted board (about =A322) - i.e. USB not ethernet but then you may already
ha=
ve a 24/7 device that could talk to it.

I'm using a $79+del 8 channel 1-wire board from http://www.hobby-boards.com=
/store/products/8-Channel-I%7B47%7DO-%288-Relay-Version%29.html. Any
channe=
l can be a digital input instead, and if you're using the output relays
the=
inputs can be used as a manual overrides (which assume is what Stuart is a=
sking) - this is what I do for my heating. Of course you'd need a 1-wire
ad=
aptor (serial, USB or ethernet), which might be a bit of overkill for a
sin=
gle relay unit but useful if you need temp etc sensors. The relay board
has=
been totally reliable (which is more than can be said for my software that=
runs it!).

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums