Re: After the horse has bolted....

Hi Mark, what did you do in the end?

Colin

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Mark Gardner"  wrote:

> Having played host to some thieving *******s in my garage recently
it's time to revisit my alarm.

> Is Comfort still the home automator's top choice?
>
> I will be able to cable some, but not all PIRs, so some will have to
be wireless. The garage is not connected to the house and getting Ethernet
out there is not straightforward, so that will have to be wireless. I would
like a couple of sirens, one regular on the house, and another inside the
garage when that's entered. Clearly the garage alarm needs to be on more
than that in the rest of the house, so I guess I need some form of zones to
achieve that. Planning to replace garage doors with something more secure,
and quite possibly powered. I will be wanting to turn on some lights.

> Also looking for a CCTV camera. I can run an Ethernet to where I want
to put it so no need for that to be wireless.

> Not exactly sure where to start with this project as it was not
planned!

> Any suggestions gratefully received.
>
> Cheers
> Mark