Re: Exclusive Interview: The Allseen Alliance and the Internet of Everything

  • Subject: Re: Exclusive Interview: The Allseen Alliance and the Internet of Everything
  • From: "bty727563" <derek.kennedy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 18:44:21 -0000

Nice to see a few of the bigger players at least giving this a shot.

Having devices 'auto-discover' each other is fine, but I've always found
that the trickiest part is implementing the logic that is needed to do
useful HA.

In my HA setup, each device can see every message from every other device
(using the xAP protocol). A central device implements logic via a series of
small scripts. The scripts register an interest in one or more messages and
are automatically called when the appropriate message appears.

It does need a bit of programming skill. Folks like IFTTT are making good
progress in making stuff simpler for the non-programmer.

Not immediately obvious to me where the 'logic glue' to pull things
together in this framework actually lives.

Sadly, my HA project can't fund my attendance at the Alliance event in Las
Vegas :-(

Perhaps next time ...

Derek @ homeautomationhub.com

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, <lists@...> wrote: