Re: Linux Home Automation options

I'd add a +1 for MisterHouse. There's been a hell of lot of
development on
it lately, mostly pointed towards Insteon, but I'm pretty sure there's
folks on there running Zwave gear.
I've been running MH for 8-9 years, adding bits and bobs every so often. In
fact over the last few weeks, I've added openenergymonitor.org kit,
including a remote power monitoring unit, a receiver and two remote
temperature nodes.
So now I have live online stats of energy usage... Nice...

Lee

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 4:17 PM, Dave McLaughlin <
dave@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> **
>

> Thanks Neil,
>
> I am currently evaluating Open Remote on my Android Dev machine and
trying
> to work out how to build a user interface and add devices. Looks
> comprehensive but does appear to have a learning curve. I would like
> find
> some samples so I can see how it is put together. Right now I am
trying to
> figure out how to add the ZWave controller to it and get the devices
into
> Open Remote. On HS there was a transfer from remote option.
>
> I'll keep at it and hopefully get it up and working. Once I do, I will
> rebuild the eePC that is running Windows with Ubuntu 12.04 as I am
familiar
> with that.
>
> Dave..
>

> ---
>
> Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes.
>
> ---

PC's/Servers.
> Chews lot's of power and makes lots of NOISE and heat.
>
> I then found OpenRemote and love lots of its features, to me the best
being
> how it can be controlled from multiple platforms i.e. Android
> phone/tablets,
> Mac phone/tablets and the main controller will run on just about any
> operating system.
>
> Currently I have it running on XP and taking over some of the
Misterhouse
> functionality.
>
> So the path I have taken is to buy a Synology DS412+ (this runs a
version
> of
> Linux) and I have loaded the OpenRemote controller onto it as well.
>
> I will eventually decommission both of the 19" rack PC's.
>
> Neil.

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums