Re: Linux Home Automation options

Am 20.08.2013 05:11, schrieb Dave McLaughlin:
> Hi Peer,
>

> I am slowly adding more and more to my system. Right now all I have is
ZWave
> units under time control and I have a tablet to allow me to control
them.

> I want to add the Phillips Hue to the setup (waiting for delivery of
the
> units) and I also have a number of homemade touch screen panels I want
> integrate to the system. I use Zigbee for the communications. I can
write
> code to integrate these as required.
>

> I also have a number of events that trigger lights and switch
everything off
> late at night etc.
>

> I recently purchased a Foscam IP cam so would ideally like to
integrate this
> into the system if possible.

I personally use LinuxMCE (as is obvious when you look at the article I
wrote many moons ago about it). One of the main device driver developers
for LinuxMCE, who wrote the DMX, Z-Wave, 1-Wire and KNX (and probably a
few more) drivers for LinuxMCE has his own new project called
ago-control. Compared to LinuxMCE it is much more loosely coupled, i.e.
no central database, and can easily be extended using Python based
device drivers. It hasn't been released yet with 1.x version, but is
already quite useful, and runs on everything from raspberry pi on
upwards, i.e. quite efficient. http://www.agocontrol.com has details,
and the system is licensed under GPL.

--
Best regards