RJ45 connectors / boots

  • Subject: RJ45 connectors / boots
  • From: Joseph Heenan <joseph-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 12:53:55 +0100

Hi all,

I need to make up some custom RJ45 terminated cables (unfortunately has
to be a custom cable as the other end has a proprietary connector on it
that I can only buy as lead with a moulded plug on one end and free
cables on the other end).

I've had some pretty bad experiences with RJ45s - from poor quality
IDCs, to locking tabs that break off on the third insertion, to boots
that do a good job of protecting the locking tab but you pretty much
have to remove the boot to depress the locking tab to get the connector
out!

Has anyone found some good connectors and boot combinations that stand
the test of time?

Thanks

Joseph

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums