From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of K C Li
Sent: 28 April 2013 15:37
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] 19" rack recommendations

We are renovating and extending our house for (too) many months. Ben Edison
and his team are doing the electrics, network and security systems.
It will be C-Bus based intelligent control system but with Siemens KNX
compatible double 230V wall sockets throughout. The two home automation
systems are interconnected by a Cytech Comfort security system.

The renovation is almost to the point of installing the 19" rack(s)
for Ethernet switches (~200 connections), servers, routers, etc. There are
so many types of data racks that I am lost for choice. Are there any
recommendation or suggestion for a good home-based data racks that I should
consider please? I don't think I could use full height racks as some of the
ceiling space is taken up by a hi-velocity HVAC system.

Finally, two of us attended an excellent two-day training course on FPGA
programming for beginners that was run by Embecosm. FPGA is not normally
required for our home automation business but it is useful knowledge and
certainly an excellent way to spend a weekend hacking.

http://www.embecosm.com/2013/04/25/chip-hack-fpga-programming-for-beginners/

Regards,

Kwong Li
li@xxxxxxx