Re: Does the following landline phone exist?

As mentioned in my other replies..... I need a facility for ex
directory (no caller ID) to enter a PIN and get through to me.

All you got to do is produce a finished product that is legal to plug in to
a BT socket.  And sell it for half the price of truecall.
Then I'll buy one!   ;-)

Andy

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Steve Morgan <steve@...> wrote:

> Never mind looking for something off-the-shelf, this is an ideal
candidate
> for a UKHA project.
>
> I ordered Truecall, but cancelled the order as soon as I realised I
could
> do it better another way. I've put together my version using a
Raspberry

wrote:

> >Does the following landline phone exist?
> >
> >I get 5+ cold calls per week day.  Plus now they are ringing me
Saturday
> >and Sunday!
> >I'm registered with the telephone preference service.  And have
been for
> >years.  But doesn't stop the buggers!
> >
> >So I'm looking for a landline phone that can do the
following.......

> >For INCOMING calls....
> >1) If the incoming call has a caller ID and it is in the phone's
'address
> >book' then the phone rings as normal.  I can either pick up or let
it go
> >to answer phone.
> >
> >2) If the caller ID isn't in the 'address book' or is blank (as
with most
> >cold calling) then the phone SILENTLY answers the call and plays a
> >pre-recorded message along the lines of "Your number has not
been
> >recognised.  Please enter your 4 digit PIN".
> >    For friends and relatives who are ex directory, I would give
them
> >individual PINs (probably last 4 digits of their phone number).
The PINs
> >would be in the phone's 'address book'.  So when they enter their
PIN,