Re: Does the following landline phone exist?

This does some of what you want: =A0http://www.amazon.co.uk/BT-Cordless-Mac=
hine-Nuisance-Blocking/dp/B00AF83L2Q

>________________________________

Saturday=
and Sunday!
>I'm registered with the telephone preference service.=A0 And have been
for=
years.=A0 But doesn't stop the buggers!

>So I'm looking for a landline phone that can do the following.......
>
>For INCOMING calls....
>1) If the incoming call has a caller ID and it is in the phone's
'address =
book' then the phone rings as normal.=A0 I can either pick up or let it go
=
to answer phone.

>2) If the caller ID isn't in the 'address book' or is blank (as with
most =
cold calling) then the phone SILENTLY answers the call and plays a
pre-reco=
rded message along the lines of "Your number has not been
recognised.=A0 Pl=
ease enter your 4 digit PIN".
>=A0 =A0 For friends and relatives who are ex directory, I would give
them =
individual PINs (probably last 4 digits of their phone number).=A0 The
PINs=
would be in the phone's 'address book'.=A0 So when they enter their PIN, t=
he phone would then ring as normal.

>3) Where the caller doesn't have a PIN then a message would play giving
th=
e caller an alternative method of contact.=A0 E.G. a throw away email
addre=
ss.
>=A0 =A0 Or perhaps ask the caller to enter a default PIN and go
straight t=
o answer phone.=A0 Cold callers tend to hang straight up and not leave
mess=
ages.

>The idea is cold callers get answered silently (no rings, beeps clicks,
et=
c) and I don't get interrupted by them.=A0 Only genuine callers will get
th=
rough.=A0 And if a genuine caller doesn't have a PIN or isn't programmed
in=
the phone's address book' then they can either contact me by email (which =
I get within 5 minutes on my mobile phone) or perhaps enter a default PIN
a=
nd leave a message on the answer phone (depending on how I've set up the
ph=
one).

>Ideally the phone should have a USB port so I can set up the 'address
book=
' etc via my laptop.=A0 Plus look at the logs of missed calls (which
hopefu=
lly will be all cold callers!).

>I think BT do a phone that only rings if the caller ID is in the
phone's '=
address book' but it doesn't do the second bit of allowing ex directory
cal=
lers to enter a PIN.