Re: 1 wire: connector suggestions?

In case anyone comes across this searching, I think I'm coming to the
concl=
usions that:

1) For visible & key parts of the 1-wire network I'll use a double RJ45
soc=
ket - these will need a short jumper in them if no device etc is
connected.=
This will also make it easier to isolate parts of the network for troubles=
hooting.

2) For hidden areas I'll carry on with the 2 RJ45 jacks on the ends of the
=
network (with a small coils of spare cable)

3) Visible but minor locations, e.g. temp sensors in rooms - this is the
tr=
ickiest decision:
=A0=A0=A0 I was thinking of an RJ12 single outlet - that would have a nice
=
small plug for sensors and stop anyone plugging network things in.
Downside=
s are if you're using CAT5 for 1-wire you'd probably want all connections
j=
oined anyway so that would need an extra connector. Also, if using EDS
RJ12=
wiring scheme you couldn't mount a DS18*20 just in the plug (like http://b=
oard.homeseer.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3D24006&stc=3D1&d=3D127422998=
3) since the pins aren't in the right order... though arguably that might
b=
e a choking hazard for small children anyway!
A better alternative might be a BT-style "78A" terminal block
with 2 x 8 wa=
y punch-down krone connections. Potentially you could then mount a DS18*20
=
in the lid, or on a hardwired lead. E.g. this: http://www.kenable.co.uk/pro=
duct_info.php?products_id=3D5560&gclid=3DCN6iw_Kwu7YCFbLMtAodkk8AFg

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums