Re: High broadband usage - why?

Cheers for that Stephen, I hadn't noticed Plusnet had released an
unlimited
package... so I've just moved
over to it. Fourth fibre product I've been on with them, what a rapidly
changing marketplace...

Lee

On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 5:52 PM, Stephen McGarry
<stephen@xxxxxxx>wrot=
e:

> **
>

> Lot's of fancy software solutions! but how about changing to an
> 'unlimited' broadband package. I have just changed to
> unlimited fibre with Plusnet for =A320 a month and they do unlimited
ADSL
> for =A310
>
> Stephen
> <http://www.plus.net/myreferrals/new.html?intReferrerID%3D00404311>
will
> go to their website. (and if you sign up I get
> a kick back!)
> P.S. Plusnet have an offer of up to 1 years broadband at half price...
> P.P.S have been using Plusnet for >10 years...
>

> On 02/04/13 20:16, Tim Hawes wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have a bit of a puzzler with our home ADSL connection. We
previously
> were
> > on a package with a 10GB download cap which we just managed to
stay
> under.
> > A few months ago we upgraded to a 40GB cap package and in March
just
> gone,
> > including a 10 day holiday away, we used 38-odd GB.
> >
> > I re-set the traffic monitor on my router yesterday (or perhaps
Sunday
> eve)
> > and already this month we've used over 4GB !!!
> > Last night 14 sessions were "active" although with next
to no bandwidth
> > consumed, but why aren't they silent.
> >
> > We don't have an online TV/movies subscription and don't do
anything
> > "fancy"; mostly web browsing and email. The kids do
like iPlayer and
> > youtube, but can these really be responsible for the high
download usag=
e?

> > How can I monitor what is eating up the download allowance?
Ideally
> > something that can report usage by website by device, so I can
determin=
> > whether it's an iTouch, desktop PC, a rouge device interloping on
my
> > allowance, or a dodgy application that is chatting way too much.
> > And of course, ideally free and easy to set up ;-)
> >
> > Router is a Vigor 2820n if that helps with any solutions.
> >
> > All thoughts welcome.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Tim.

>=20=20