RE: CBUS problem, can I bounce an idea off you...

If you can believe Wikipedia:

In the UK electricity is supplied at 230 V +10% - 6% (BS 7671 Appendix 2
section 14. )

Which I calculate to be 230 =96 13.8  =3D 216.2 as the minimum

Your 196v is very low. Is this read at the point of supply (the meter) or
somewhere else?

Nigel