RE: CBUS problem, can I bounce an idea off you...

Thanks Stuart, interesting reading... - although their own docco
*seems* to
suggest the CBUS units are in fact quite tolerant to voltage
fluctuations..=
.
- 6.9 talking about running on UPS suggests the range is as wide as
190V-265V - in which case, my 196V *should* be OK... - it clearly isn=92t
though...

Is Andy Whitfield the UPS man still here? - If so, - Andy, have you got a
small-ish UPS that meets this spec:

"All C-Bus units that are mains powered are designed to operate from a
sinusoidal=20
voltage waveform. If an Inverter Supply (that produces a square wave
voltage) is used,=20
C-Bus units may not be fully functional or may become damaged.=20
Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) can be used, if the output voltage and
frequency=20
are within acceptable limits for C-Bus units that require mains power.
Thes=
limits are: -=20
That the UPS must operate between the voltages 190V and 265V.=20
That the UPS must maintain a frequency of 50Hz or 60Hz, =B13Hz. The
frequen=
cy
may=20
only vary by 3Hz over 1 minute."