Re: Z-Wave modules with low energy bulbs

Hi Dave,

On 23/09/2012 16:06, Dave McLaughlin wrote:
> I recently changed out 2 incandescent bulbs for 2 low every spiral
bulbs and
> I have 2 z-wave application modules controlling them.
>

> With the low energy bulbs I get this annoying flashing of the bulb
when the
> switch is off.
Can't really help, but I've had this problem without any of the z-wave
stuff - just a normal switch. Never solved it, but sparky assured me it
wasn't dangerous. You can find all sorts of theories as to why it
happens online; some suggest some brands of bulb are more susceptible to
it than others, others blame induced currents from the wiring acting as
a radio antenna, or capacitive coupling.

Joseph

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums