RE: Re: Yet another LED GU10 thread...

Thanks for taking the time to post Howard - very useful.

Paul.
-----Original Message-----
From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Howard
Sent: 29 October 2012 12:39
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Re: Yet another LED GU10 thread...

Here's an update and comparison for anyone who's interested.
The best reviewed GU10s appeared to be the Aurora AU-GU1060/30 or the
Simply LED NxtGen Series II. I ordered both in warm white.
Aurora AU-GU1060/30 specification 6W, 40 degree, 270 Lumen.
Simply NxtGen specification 5W, 60 degree, 410 Lumen.
They are both good, but I much preferred the Aurora. The colour is a proper
warm white, and it's the first LED I've seen that I actually prefer to
halogen. It's a slightly higher colour temp, without being too blue, and
it's brighter than my cheap 50W halogen bulbs.
The Simply NxtGen is a big improvement on the other multi-chip lamps I've
tried, but it's still a little too blue for my liking, and too wide angle -
there is a decent amount of light output at 120 degrees. As a result, it's
not as bright as a halogen in the beam centre, even though it's supposed to
have a much higher output than the Aurora.
Aurora have a reputation as a proper reliable supplier (as opposed to 95%
of the budget LED lamp manufacturers out there), and the GU1060/30 is
cheaper than the Simply NxtGen too. So it's a definite win for the Aurora
GU1060/30.

,