RE: [OT] : Has anyone had their DPF removed ?

More monitoring, more automation, more complication =3D less reliable.
Where cars have gone, are our homes following?
;-)

At 11:41 25/10/2012, you wrote:

>All the best with getting it removed, from what I read when I
researched, =
it
>should be fairly painless and should go through the MOT OK.
>
>I'm sure they have made cars less reliable, I was chuffed when my first
ca=
>went round the clock, then later ones went well over 130K, now they
seem t=
>require major work <100K, I guess that's progress :-)

boug=
ht
>off eBay that I use with the "Torque" app on my Android
phone. Its
>reporting a specific DPF error about Soot Accumulation and another
error
>about regeneration duration failure :(
>
>The cars done 92,000 miles from new so it was going to happen at some
poin=
>and I suppose I should feel grateful that it didn't happen sooner, I
think
>Ford recommend replacing them at 75,000 miles. Trouble is when you
start
>reading up on one problem and then learn about all the other potential
>issues like Dual mass flywheels and Turbos failures, sometimes
ignorance i=
>bliss :)
>
>Oh well, I'll continue ringing around for quotes on removing the DPF.
>
>Marcus
>
>From:=20

machin=
e.
>There could be something triggering the fault. Peugeot crank out a
generic
>error message for many faults, so I guess other ECU's may do the same,
so
>I'd suggest getting the actual error codes and checking this.
>
>I did consider having the DPF removed, but settled on getting rid of
the c=
ar
>due to other non-trivial issues!

On Behalf
>Of Marcus Warrington
>Sent: 24 October 2012 15:52
>To:=20
><mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>ukha_d@xxxxxxx<mailto:ukha_d%40ya=
hoogroups.com>
>Subject: [ukha_d] [OT] : Has anyone had their DPF removed ?
>
>Sorry to be off topic but I know there are a couple of pistonheads on
the
>list.
>
>My Ford Focus 1.6TDCI has just gone into "limp home" mode
again with block=
ed
>Diesel Particulate Filter for the second time in 2 months. Last time
Ford
>did an active regeneration and charged me =A390 but its only lasted
2000 m=
iles
>before blocking up again. I'm now thinking maybe the best bet would be
>rip the sodding out. I've had a quick Google around it looks like it
costs
>around =A3300-=A3400 to get it removed and the have the ECU remapped
>accordingly.
>
>Has anyone had this done ... is it a good or bad idea ? To be honest I
jus=