From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Marcus Warrington
Sent: 25 October 2012 08:16
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] [OT] : Has anyone had their DPF removed ?

Hi Alex

Thanks for the tip but I think it's definitely the DPF as the car has been
lacking power for a while and I have a Bluetooth ODBII adapter that I
bough=
off eBay that I use with the "Torque"  app on my Android phone.
Its
reporting a specific DPF error about Soot Accumulation and another error
about regeneration duration failure :(

The cars done 92,000 miles from new so it was going to happen at some point
and I suppose I should feel grateful that it didn't happen sooner, I think
Ford recommend replacing them at 75,000 miles. Trouble is when you start
reading up on one problem and then learn about all the other potential
issues like Dual mass flywheels and Turbos failures, sometimes ignorance is
bliss :)

Oh well, I'll continue ringing around for quotes on removing the DPF.

Marcus