From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Marcus Warrington
Sent: 24 October 2012 15:52
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] [OT] : Has anyone had their DPF removed ?

Sorry to be off topic but I know there are a couple of pistonheads on the
list.

My Ford Focus 1.6TDCI has just gone into "limp home" mode again
with blocke=
Diesel Particulate Filter  for the second time in 2 months. Last time Ford
did an active regeneration and charged me =A390 but its only lasted 2000
mi=
les
before blocking up again. I'm now thinking maybe the best bet would be to
rip the sodding out. I've had a quick Google around it looks like it costs
around =A3300-=A3400 to get it removed and the have the ECU remapped
accordingly.

Has anyone had this done ... is it a good or bad idea ? To be honest I just
want to get the car running again and if removing the DPF does this and
gives me another 6months to look around and make a decision on a new car
then I'll be happy.  MOT isn't due to next April so I'm not too worried if
the removal actually causes an MOT failure.

Marcus