Spam email problem

Hi all,

I usually ignore this sort of stuff, but...
Just recently I've been receiving spam email appearing to come from a
domain that I own. The email address used is *almost* a valid one - the
first part is prefixed with the word "email" and the rest of the
address is
real, so e.g. EMAILmyname@xxxxxxx however it was sent via
"mthai.com".
A whois search finds this operating out of Thailand.

I've checked my domain and the address does not exist there, so I don't
think that has been hacked. The from and to addresses in the spam messages
are the same (as above) and are being caught by my "bucket"
address on the
server.

So, why now? why me? why 20-30 messages in the last few days?
Would it appear that my domain is being used to send spam? (I don't think
it actually is, but it maybe looks that way to the casual recipient of one
of these messages?).

Should I be any more bothered than I am about "random" spam
messages?
Is it possible to filter-out these specific messages at the (my) mail
server?

Many thanks,
Tim.

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums