From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
marcrfuller
Sent: 30 May 2012 08:35
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Re: blu-ray rips

On my media server (Windows 7 Media Center) I had much the same problem,
but
eventually found that Cyberlink PowerDVD (Above version 9 I think it was)
plays blueray rips. You just point it at the folder and it will play it.

I actually ended up using "My Movies" for Media Center and in
it's config
you can tell it to automatically use PowerDVD.

Cheers

Marc

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Paul Gordon <paul_gordon@...> wrote:

> Boys.
>

> Having just ripped my first BluRay disk (using DVD Fab Decrypter), I
> haven't yet quite figured out what to do with it. (you can see I
thought
this
> through with the usual UKHA level of planning & forethought!)   -
> thought I'd give it a go. - because I can!...
>

> But, I'm not sure how I play what I've ended up with, which is a
> folder structure not at all similar to a DVD rip. there's a big AVCHD
> video file
> (00000.m2ts) which is obviously the actual movie rip, but I can't play
> it by double-clicking it - even though I *can* play AVCHD files from
> my HD camcorder that easily.
>
> When I try Windows Media Player complains:
>

> "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not
> support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to
> compress the file."
>

> So before I get stuck In to any research, I reckon many people here
> must have been through this learning curve already.
>

> So, given an apparently successful BD rip, how do I play it on
Windows?