Re: Modular alarm recommendations

  • Subject: Re: Modular alarm recommendations
  • From: "solentelectricalservices" <pgrahamsley@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 07:36:10 -0000

I have a solution for you, although not yet fully released in the UK
this system has many many features including apps for win 7, blackberry and
android. We will do an iphone app once we have finished all the features
and are happy with the system. Built in modem, add on ethernet, add on gsm
and even x10 control if you really need it. Comes as an 8, 10 and 50 zone
panel and has many HA posibilities which I am adding including heating
control etc. Software to program which is easy and soon wireless stuff but
very early days. For those who know texecom will love this panel. Keypad is
pretty basic looking but new ones coming. It takes an awful lot of money to
do things like this but we think its been worth it. Some pics on
www.itacltd.co.uk but more info to follow. Sorry for basic website.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, alan.trevennor@... wrote:

> I don't have a product recommendation, only a feature recommendation:
I bought one a couple of years ago that featured wireless sensors, and
supported various add ons and a shedload of neat additional features.

> Unfortunately, although it had a USB port, it didn't offer any kind of
desktop application to control it (there was a 3rd party application, which
cost more than the whole of the rest of the set-up put together!!). This
meant that you had to drive the whole thing from the keypad and LCD
display, which was just way too complicated and non-intuitive to set-up or
modify. We've ended up just using the very basic functions - so it was a
waste of money really.

> So, more than anything else, I would say look for one that comes with
everything you need to set it up from a laptop or a desktop computer.

> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Paul Gale <groups2@> wrote:
> >
> > My brother want's to install an alarm (retro fit - possibly
wireless etc) that is simple to install, reasonably priced but has all the
latest monitoring features and modular add ons etc. I've not looked at
alarm systems since my original Comfort install, so haven't a clue what's
out there now.

> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Paul.