Re: Raspberry Pi in HA?

Absolutely doing something Harmony-esque with them subject to
availability!
Surprised to see so many 1-Wire responses, there goes my niche idea ;-)
lots more thoughts, but want hands-on first, unless anyone can point me to
a reliable simulator for Matlab/Similar?

R.

--
Rob Iles
Proprietor & Chief Automation Architect
wrote:

> **
>

> I've got plans to produce a 1-wire adaptor that will work using the
GPIO
> pins, keeping the USB free.
>
> Given that the USB is also responsible for the network connection,
there
> is some sense in keeping as much stuff off USB as possible.
>
> Details of the 1-wire adaptor can be found here
>
> http://raspberrypi.homelabs.org.uk/
>
> Stuart
>
> On 01/03/12 12:13, Simon Haslam wrote:
> > Yes, I expect this will be a common use - just plug in a USB hub,
small
> disk/stick and a USB-1wire adaptor (or maybe log to a NAS or some sort
of
> cloudy thing). It's Linux (don't know what flavour or what chip
> architecture) but I expect all the same debates will come up again as
for
> Sheeva/GuruPlug etc. Personally I run owfs with a LinkUSB on a Buffalo
> Linkstation and it has been super reliable (dang... why did I go and
say
> that!).

PC?