Re: o2/Openpeak Joggler

I've got 2 Jogglers - the main one is in the kitchen and runs Android.
I have my heating controls and house temps on there (via a web page) and my
wife checks Gmail on it. I keep meaning to get around to buying the
squeezebox slave/controller apps for it (some people have done this) but
have another computer in the kitchen which I switch on for radio/iPlayer.
The Joggleris on all the time (the display dims when idle so it doesn't use
too much power) and I'd say it needs to be restarted every fortnight (the
browser dies otherwise).

I've also got one of those little Verbatim Netbook USB memory sticks which
is very neat.

I was running Ubuntu and OWFS on it for a while but the USB stick died
after about 6 months due to the amount of write activity presumbly. Whilst
it wasn't really a comparable to what I run now I've not had any trouble
with the Android build damaging the memory stick (I've been running it
unchanged for over a year).

The Ubuntu build/discussions are here:

http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=318

(note there is an Ice Cream Sandwich build in progress but it's only in
early stages).

Whilst #50 for a Joggler was a bargain 2 or 3 years ago the only question
in my mind now would be whether to look at a cheap Chinese tablet and some
sort of mounting instead - the Joggler is quite chunky.

Simon

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums