Re: o2/Openpeak Joggler

On 12/06/12 21:47, Gary Tall wrote:
> After my recent play with the light level monitoring on C-Bus I'm
slowly
> rediscovering my love of home automation.
>

> I missed out on the O2 Joggler's first time round but see that you can
still
> get the Refurbed/Openpeak branded ones for a reasonable price.
>

> I potentially have a few uses for them, I understand you can turn them
into
> Squeezebox touch like device for example.For fifty quid is this still
> viable option?

Yes, very much so, I have 3 of them. Two I use as controllers for
squeezebox receivers, and the third I use the actual device audio output
into a pair of powered speakers.
I use the squeezeplay build from here:
http://birdslikewires.co.uk/articles/squeezeplay-for-joggler
on an Ubuntu build from here: http://joggler.exotica.org.uk/ubuntu/
I've also modified them to run the OS on an internal SD card, as
described here:
http://www.justblair.co.uk/extending-the-jogglers-usb-capabilities.html
looks much nicer and leaves the USB socket free to plug in a keyboard
for the odd times that you need one.

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums