From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Bryan Smith
Sent: 30 January 2012 16:48
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Powerline Ethernet Technology

Hi all,

I am confused. On the one hand I have read that Cat5e is not capable of
handling HD video yet now I am reading that I can send it over the mains
using the 200Mbps Homeplug standard.

If Homeplug really will do the job, and given its low cost and ease of
expansion, why would anyone bother to pull miles of Cat5e?

My major refurb/extension project as yet has no ceilings or dry lining,
or even electrics so I am well placed to get someone to install cable to
a perfectly located node zero, but I am wondering whether I should bother.

What am I missing?

--
Bryan Smith