Re: Anybody use Pure-FTP

  • Subject: Re: Anybody use Pure-FTP
  • From: "Tim" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 16:58:45 -0000

You are about 20 steps ahead of me - I can't create a user - do I do
it from SSH into teh drobo or do I do it via a client via filezilla?  I
have looked at the HowTos online and am beyond baffled.

To aid my understanding do I "run" pure-ftp like a dos exe and
then add the users or do I use Linux commands to add them?

Sorry to be such a noobie

Cheers

Tim.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Alex Monaghan" <ha@...> wrote:

> Generally, ftp is restricted by file system permissions, there are
various
> auth options, so you'd need to check the conf file to see which is
enabled
> so you can add the user in the right place. If you are using the
system
> users, check that the minUID setting is not preventing your new user
account
> from connecting.

I now