MK grid switches

  • Subject: MK grid switches
  • From: Quinten Uijldert <yahoogroups2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 11:40:46 +0000

Hi,

Hoping one of the leccy experts is able to help me out with a purchase
deci=
sion.

I am slowly replacing all my lighting with zwave and have settled on
the Fibaro dimmer module and MK grid switches.=A0 I bought the K4900
which MK calls a "10 AMP 2 WAY CENTRE OFF RETRACTIVE PUSH",
thinking
that pushing up would switch the light on, and down would switch off
the light.

When I installed it however, the Fibaro uses both buttons turn the
light on and off, which in itself is not so much of a problem, but I
think it would now be better to get a 'doorbell' type switch.  This is
where I need some help.

Looking at the range of MK switches, I found both the K4885 "10 AMP SP
2 WAY PUSH SWITCH" and K4910 "20 AMP DP ONE-WAY PUSH TO
MAKE".  I can
get the K4885 for =A38.10 and the K4910 for =A33.95.  As usual, I'm
looking to spend little and get a lot ;)

Is anyone familiar enough with the MK grid switches to offer an
opinion on either?

Thanks!

Q.

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums