Help with simple reliable internet based heating/hot water control

  • Subject: Help with simple reliable internet based heating/hot water control
  • From: "ian" <ianh1000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 19:27:42 -0000

Hi All,
There have been several discussions on a similar thread but I hope my
request is simpler.
I have a remote property that has electric heating, it has an electric
boiler and traditional radiators. The controls are the same as most
domestic houses. It has a Danfoss timer where you can select the timer you
wish to have heating and hot water then a thermostat that is wall mounted
elsewhere for the heating.

I would like to be able to turn the heating and hot water on and off
remotely and be able to read and adjust the temperature. I have an internet
connection with standard wifi router.

I don't want to have to run a PC or anything on site, I would prefer not to
have to buy a home gateway device but if that is the only way so be it.

NEST looks great once we get them here but would that help me with HOT
water?

Are any of the other devices like Conrad, or similar going to do this?

And finally the manual settings when you are there need to be very simple.

Suggestions would be very welcome.

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums