Re: Powerline Ethernet Technology

  • Subject: Re: Powerline Ethernet Technology
  • From: "mal_lansell" <mal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 23:52:55 -0000

I remember reading somewhere that the signal can get screwed if it has
to pass through your consumer unit and the RCDs.

I don't know the truth of that, but in my experience, I haven't been able
to get any powerline ethernet devices to connect above 17Mbps (if at all)
in my house.  I gave my Belkin ones to a friend and they have worked
perfectly for him.

So the only way to know for sure is to take a chance and buy them and see
what happens.  Personally I've given up on the whole thing and will be
going wired when the recession finally hits and the kind of house I want to
run them in is available for a more sensible price!

Mal

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Phil Harris" <phil@...> wrote:

> "So maybe it's when you use multiple units?"...
>
> Yes - any more than one... ;-)
>
> Phil

gap"